Friday, February 29, 2008

My Mac On Windows: VMWare Fusion

I have been looking for a great virtualization software to run Windows in Mac OS X.

I want to run ArcView 9.2 on my Mac. I had heard a lot about Parallels, so I tried it. It worked fairly good, but it crashed once too often.

I decided to give VMWare Fusion a try at the recommendation of a technology director in another school district. I am so glad I did. It is easy to work with and has not crashed at all. In fact, it is much easier for me to work with. I really like it.

So if you are having issues with Parallels or if you are just looking for a good virtualization software to run Windows in Mac OS X, I would suggest looking at the Apple web site to see what they say about VMWare Fusion.

Our district purchases it from Valcom at about $32 a copy.

It is easy to install, to run, and gets along with my Mac like The Dog, The Cat, and The Rat. (You gotta love YouTube for this gem).

No comments: